R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Batteries and Digital Servos
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Artificial-I
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys I came across an interesting thought. I went to http://www.energizer.com/products/lithium/ to check out their rechargables. Basically looking into the AAA pack.

I then went to their lithium batteries. They say they weigh 1/3 less than standard alkalines. So im guessing this would be the ultra lightweight battery pack.

It doesnt say you can recharge them but I wonder if you could with an appropriate charger. I have no clue what that would be, li-poly charger?

I know your not supposed to charge alkalines but people still do that.

Also the power output says they last 7X longer than regular alkaline. So im sure their also much better than the rechargables.

If anything I wonder how much runtime one could expect it might be worth buying a set or two and running that for the season. I figure if you get 1 run times or something with rechargables then it should be 7 hours for the lithiums?

Which is a good amount of runtime , at least for me. Im going to look into this further, cause this might be the way to go and you dont risk running out of juice during long mains.