R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 12:40 PM
asw7576
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
To much toe can sometimes not be good because you scrub speed and it makes your rear tires wear fast, think about it you have one force working against another when your tires are cocked in to muck you are working against the grain of the tire and the surface pavement, this is what's called scrubbing speed it also works like a sander which causes access tire wear.
0 to 1.5 should more than enough the only time you want to run 2 to 3 degrees of toe is on a extremely high bite track, more toe in will cause the car to push more a keep your car from traction rolling.
When looking for more traction in the rear focus more on the camber and shock position, try giving the car more camber and laying the rear shocks down, you also can play with the camber gain, high the camber gain the more side bite.
This is what I do to prepare my car, just my opions, I'm always open to learn more so if something seem's out of place here please feal free to correct me.
Thanks Robbie, ..... I need that for Futaba Cup 2005 ( this weekend )

I'm going to implement the below and I accept anyone inputs or corrections.

My objective :
I like my car to have a little bit understeer, a little bit responsive ( I prefer easy to drive than being agreesive ) and most importanly the car should feel sticky to the road. Currently the car is understeer big time off power and doesn't feel sticky under acceleration.

Here is my current setup: ( using HUDY )
Could anyone with Mugen expertise to check my current setup ? or help me to achieve my objective?

Front Suspension Mount : #2 ( count from bottom position )
Front Suspension : XRAY purple 1.8 ( thicker than dark blue mugen )
Front Damping : 2 holes piston with 50w
Front toe in : 0
Front camber : -3
Front One Way
Front Droop : 0
Front Ride Height : 5mm
Front Tires : Kawahara 37
Front Stabilisers : None

Rear Suspension Mount : #2 ( count from bottom position )
Front Suspension : XRAY light blue 1.6 ( thinner than dark blue mugen )
Rear Damping : 2 holes piston with 50w
Rear toe in : 3
Rear Camber : -2.5 ( plus 1.5mm spacer )
Gear Diff with 10,000
Rear Droop : 4
Rear Ride Height : 5mm
Rear Tires : Kawahara 35
Rear Stabiliser : None

The track is brand new asphalt, Smooth Surface, Medium bites ( good traction but not that good ), Sweepers and S turns.

Little bit of rain ( wet condition ) should be expected.

Many many thanks for helping me.