R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Burlap
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Calling all the setup gurus, i have 2 415 MS kits, my old car has had a lot of changes to the setup, while the new car is pretty much kit std. I am pretty new to rubber tire racing, most is done on foams around here. Track is med sized, a mix of high speed and technical corners.

The problem i am having with both cars is chronic understeer or mid corner snap oversteer, i cant seem to find a good balance. While both cars with dramatically different setups pull about the same lap times.

Starting with the MS kit setup, where would you go to get more mid corner steering?
I had snap oversteer on my car. I tried things like adjusting the shock position and toe in, but one thing gave me results I wanted - putting spacers under the rear toe block on the rear suspension (anti dive? I can't remember). That killed the snap oversteer. In regards to understeer, well, that is something I live with. And since getting a digital servo it has made it a little worse, so I'll play with the front end and see if I can dial it out.