R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Jon Kerr
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Hey Guys,
Thank for the response on the previous question but i got one more. I am switching my car from a Adrian based setup to a Padillla based setup and i was wondering how critical is it to have the exact same shock length when following the setup sheet. Before you get buck wild on me i have always followed the setup sheets passed to be to the T. However, since my last setup I’ve had to cut the ball joints on my Tamiya shocks to aceive ride height. After having than done i noticed that there was so much material gone (aprx. 1mm) that i could vary my shock length too much before the shaft didn’t have enough threading to remain stable. Therefore my shock would sometime buckle causing it to separate and thus i loss control.

Thus i ask against, how important is it to use the same shock length in these setups? If i am able to make ride height, and my oil is the same, and my shocks are the same, wouldn’t the shock’s length not affect the car????

MI jeDI
The way I see shock length, as long as it's not limiting your droop and ride height and they are equal on both sides, it should be just fine.