R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Hesky
Tech Regular

The RDL R3 isnt half tempting! looks the bizz to!

I'm Still hankering after a rody or Murnan though

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Yeah I wanted to get the rdlogic motor. Also they have infinity motors as well, just on the website the selection is poor.

But if you want another smoker on a budget. After doing quite a bit of research. I found the STS D3R and D5R motors. You can get them for very cheap.

Contact projectzen.net they got some really good prices. I’am also trying to be as budget minded as possible on my car. At least I’ve always gone that way in the motor department. I just cant stand buying something that’s so nice that’s bound to goto crap. Even more so get some great motor and mess up or something and watch 380 dollar murnan or something go down the drain cause the filter pops off or something.

With my 130 motor. I just cry a little and get a new one and another...before even really paying for 1 of the murnan modified.

But just lately I’ve started modifying my own motors. I hope to perfect it...but so far the simple stuff I done is looking great. Now I just need to reassemble these motors and test them out.
What your saying makes a lot of sense!! but with racing its all relative I guess, I think back when I've spent 100+ on wheels and tires over a weekend national meet and all I’ve got to show for the dosh spent is a few worn dirty wheels which end up in the bin.
Although I've got a lot to learn about racing nitro's ahead of me. The wise person inside me says go cheap on the motor 4 now, but I never listen to that guy anyway and save the for later.

cheers