R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-2
Thread: Mugen MTX-2
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2002, 05:52 PM
Manticore
Tech Champion

Originally posted by racer rich

Yeah, it does look like its in the center of the chassis, if your cockeyed. j/k

I believe Mugen did not put a Floating Rear Body Mount on the MTX-3 because it would have not been beneficial. This car will mostly be used with sedan bodies (here in the U.S. anyways), and Floating Rear Body Mounts really only benefit LOLA bodies. I have spoken to some people and they have agreed that a standard body mount is more beneficial than a Floating Body Mount when using sedan bodies. Come to think of it, was there ONE sedan using a Floating Rear Body Mount at the Fuel Nationals in Ohio? No. I am sure Serpent could have easily put a Floating Rear Body Mount on the Impulse using Impact parts, but they probably have tested it and seen no benefits at all. Anyone else have some light they can spread on this?
the MTX3 is still a TC platform and i.e. with the body mount on the chassis makes the car looks real on corners. (with actually body roll). the rear floating mount is designed for Lola body and if you get a kit like V1RR GT you will have the options of either using a Lola body with the body shell right on the floating mount (it is designed for it) or put on a body post extension on the floating mount as a TC rear part body is much taller then a Lola body. It is always an advantage to have rear down force right on to the wheels.