R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Nitro HPI RTR3 Just will not start
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 02:09 PM
k_bojar
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Here's another suggestion that I didn't see anyone offer

You said it was very hard to turnover by hand, right?? Or haven't you tried that?? If not, try that before doing anything else I have listed here

Well if it is, loosen the glow plus about 1/4 turn - this will release some pressure on the internals...Try starting the engine again...If it starts, let it idle a little bit, but then tighten the glow plug back up

What happens is the tolerance is soo small for these motors, you don't get enough "free" movement inside with a glow plug fully tightened - I had an OS engine that did this also, so its not something uncommon - BUT once the engine heats up (thus the break-in period) the parts will move around alittle better...

YOu may have to do this trick a couple of times before you can start the thing with the glow plug fully tightened...

Another this is you might want to try a new plug - at this stage and this many attempts to start, the current plug is probably close to being toast...I'd get a MC-59 plug (good general purpose plug) and go from there

But try loosen the glow plug before you throw the thing into the street