R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 02:28 AM
Benzoil
Tech Initiate

Thanks Hark and Rapid Roy, the car was working sweet yesterday and I managed to take A main victory after a few timely mechanical failures from the pole man and 2nd place guy.

Here are some of the adjustements I made for the two finals: went from 2-> 3 deg rear toe in, 50 -> 40 shock oil, removed rear sway bar and fr sway bar mounted 30deg from horizontal initially. The track has a majority of left handers so I added .5 deg camber on right tires. I didn't manage to get rid of my rear end oversteer entirely but once I was in a race tempo it wasn't an issue. (seeing as how I had no brakes left after 2 min anyway it rather helped me then hindered me - pls HPI an effort on this !)

I noticed that everyone other then me was running a solid front axle, something I ll have to try next round (I was running 50 front diff oil) seeing how my car was the least incisive in on throttle steering. Speaking to some of the pro drivers (HPI and Serpent )I noticed that the fr one way is lossing a lot of popularity in favour of running a solid fr axle....