R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F201
Thread: F201
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 02:03 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys, I spent Monday wrenching on a customer's F201. After getting annoyed with the power of the stock motor, I decided to stick my Chameleon 2 in it. The stock gearing of 55/20 gives you a FDR of 7.15 which is just about spot-on for a 100ft straight given the diameter of the stock tires (really close to sedan). Honestly, it was faster but still slow in my opinion. I'm thinking about sticking a 12T in it next... I'm using stock 9oz springs with P-94 brush hoods and 4830ENT. Excellent power and wear.

I ended up using the Tamiya soft springs all around. The cams just flex too much. 4mm right height, 7mm droop. 0f/2r toe. 1 camber. The main problem I had was overheating the front tires. The first few laps can be described as having dominant oversteer. After the rears warmed up the car was pretty neutral for about 5-7 laps. Then the front would begin to push progressively worse and worse. I have a feeling that the rearward weight balance of the car is affecting this. I will probably try to add weight to the front of the car when I get my own. I would also like to stiffen the suspension cam mounts. They flex way too much even with the soft springs. They do make for interesting tuning options by changing the lever arm with spacers.