R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 06:39 PM
blindwolf
Tech Initiate

Default Talk to yokomo yesterday

Hi all,

I appreciate all the suggestions offered regarding the LCG issue I originally posted. I think much of the issue is from me being a perfectionist and not accepting sloppy spring when at desired ride height. I was most concerned about the play of the springs when the car is without load. With load the springs are less sloppy and the ride height is acceptable. Yokomo suggested the shock length be at 62-63mm. Remove the spacers from underneath the suspension mounts for this will cause roll center problems?
This what one gets for trying to be Mario Andretti overnight and coming to the realization he is still a noob! "POPS" Thank you kindly for your offer of assistance. Just may show up to introduce myself and watch the races this weekend you mentioned posts ago. This is a freaking awesome hobby! Wish I could have indulged sooner in life. Again, thanks for all the suggestions offered and have a great day!

I'm setup consists of the following;

Ride Height: 5.5mmF 6.5mmR

Droop: 6mmF 5mmR

Camber: 1.5mmR .5mmF

Toe: 2.5°Rear 1.5°Front

Any suggestions for gearing? I’m stock from the ssg build.(70t Spur,30t pinion) Car handles and runs well to me from what experience I have. Motor gets quite hot! Is this because of gearing (see above)? Anyhow here's some pics

shawn

Last edited by blindwolf; 06-08-2005 at 09:48 PM.