Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2002, 03:05 PM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

well guys, here is the latest war report:

Heat 1#

Placed first but pack felt alittle flat towards the end. I don't know about these peak performance Maxx Packs (we can only run unmatched stick packs at our track). Everyone else though had plenty of run time left and I was UNDERGEARED!!!! Check out my other thread if you can help.

Heat 2#

Placed second this time. went up one pinion tooth and she ran great. The fast guy was UNBELIEVABLY FAST. He was running foams and matched 2400s (owner not too happy about that) and a stock motor (we run Chameleons) and he was gone. It was nice however to see that XXX-S Go! Bone stock.

Main #

Placed 3 overall. F***ing pack dumped on me with about 1 minute to go. It was flat for about 2 more minutes. Everyone else of course was still messing around afterwards for about 6 minutes

All in all not a bad race day. But I need to do something about my packs and look into setting my Cyclone Purple edition to something other than the drag racing brake setting (I like the drag brake though ) I am thinking of running foams, our track is really rough but the fast guys were tearing it up with those foams, my slicks seem to let the rear drift alittle too much compared to the "foam" guys.

So, here is what advise I need. I am planning on skipping next week racing a tearing town my car to tune it up. What are some of the things I should look into doing to make the car smoother? (I don't want to say faster because I know the response, drive better, but I drive a great line already, just dump too quick). I am considering rebuilding the diffs, any recommendations on what to use to rebuild them, and the CVDs. Also, may get the following:

1) Graphite Chassis
2) titanium turnbuckles
3) titanium hingepins
4) Graphite shock towers (speed tech models probably any installation issues?)
5) Speed tech steering bellcranks
6) RPM ball cups

Finally, how have you guys removed all the slop in the steering? mine feels sloppy. I have the shim and slop removal kit for my street weapon that I never used, so I got bunches of shims, washers, etc. Other than that I think I should be set.

My equipment:

1) MRC 959 Superbrain charger
2) XR3 FM Radio
3) Novak Cyclone Purple Edition (not C2)
4) Chameleon 2 motor
5) Hitec MG925 servo (that very fast one, i think thats it)
6) 2400s Peak performance Maxx packs