R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 11:09 PM
speedxl
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Kept the spool in and the car was pretty good at times. traction would come and go and that made it sort of hard to dial your set up in. We all ran mod....some guys had oneways and some stuck with the spool. At the end of the racing day these are my thoughts....

in mod the spool had it's advantages over the oneway (especially at the end of the straight) and the oneway looked smoother in other sections of the track. The end result was TQ set by a oneway car but the win went to Mo with a spool.

in 19 turn the oneway cars seemed to own the track. It could be this particular layout or the practice some of these guys have put in (Congrats to my buddy Harshguy) For next weekends Speedworld cup I plan on running a oneway in 19 turn if the layout is some what flowing. Most have stuck with the spool but is it me wanting to throw in a oneway to gain a touch more corner speed instead of working harder with my spool set up? The two guys in 19 turn to beat at our track are running Xray's with oneway's. I want to change that come next weekend. Any and all suggestions are more than welcome. If worse comes to worse I'll just go in the living room and ask MO....LOL

Hey Clint I'll give you a good set up for a spool that you can run in 19t also.
It carrys good corner speed and stable. PM me your number I'll have you dialed. All we run down here is spools even though we are allowed to run a oneway. Its faster and more consistant everywhere. Most of the guys at the worlds were running them in the main,that should give you and idea how much better it is. 90% of tracks I've run a spool is best!!