R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1FK05
Thread: Xray T1FK05
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 01:43 PM
kidDynomite
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by centax error!
Ed, your right I meant the front hinge pin flat.

I haven't tried pro dive before but might as well try it though. I'm used to oneways and when I made the switch to diff it felt like I'm missing some of the off power steering on entry. Our track is bumpy and if I have pro dive do I need to stiffen up the front or reduced rear droop so that the front end of the chassis will not scrape to the ground? I'm worried that by reducing rear droop will again take out some steering off power on entry. Also, to compensate for the lost caster ( due to pro dive) do I need to change caster blocks form 3to 4.5 degrees to keep mid corner steering if I was already happy with it when I had a zero kickup?

Thanks in advance.CE
Pro-dive works great with a one-way. Keep the rears in the middle holes. I still get lots of steering with the 3* blocks, but the 4.5's do a better job. Your front end won't scrape the ground. Just try it with your current setup to feel the difference, then make changes from there. It's hard to explain, but the front end always felt planted or running flat. I've even tried it with a one-way and foams and if felt like I was running a diff, but more free with strong pull out of the corners. It's definitely worth experimenting with.