Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Hi Dark,

Truly, my best performing batteries of my IB3600s and GP3700s are the 3600s. I only use the aluminum tray for the few times I practice or qualify with 3700s. 3600s are my race batteries for now.

The 3800s may well change that though.

Bill
I never got around to trying the IB3600 cells. I'm not an early battery converter, so the 300mah gain over 3300 cells didn't seem like it was worth it. But then, when I was ready to switch, I was actually trying to get some of the 3600 from Kinetix, then a couple other places. But around the time the JRX-S finally came out, it seemed EVERYBODY that I trusted (and could affoard ) was out of stock on the IB3600.

Thats how I ended up with the GP3700 packs from Pro-Match. Wasn't neccesarily looking for them....just kinda happened upon them. Looking back now, I'm glad it worked out that way. These are the best packs I've ever owned.

The size is an inconvience right now, more for some cars than others(took like 3 minutes to adapt my Mi2 to them, compared to my JRX-S efforts), but it'll all iron out as the manufacturers start acconting for them with their initial design planning.

So really, for me I didn't go for the 3700 for any performance advantage over the 3600, its just that the 3700 were what was availible at the time.