R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2002, 06:20 PM
patelladragger
Tech Master

Originally posted by racer rich
I believe the V-One R/RR's and Reflex's plastic parts are both produced and manufactured by a Japanese company called Tomogouchi (spelling??).

I agree with a lot of what you're saying Rich. Don't think this part is true though. Chris Smith has said both the car's parts are made in taiwan. Regardless of where they're made, I've had both cars and even if they're made by the same company with the same molds they're not made with the same quality of plastic, not even close. I do hope with Josh and Joel and company racing the car competitively and trying to improve it VoneR owners will benefit.

Seems to me though the biggest improvements for the car are still coming from overseas. The whole 24 tooth pulley movement didn't come from the trinity guys, seems their biggest innovation to date has been the 22 tooth 1st gear pinion.

You make some very persuasive points though, if Kyosho and Trinity are in bed with eachother does it really matter? If it were officially reported people would just have to quit saying Trinity "copied" the VoneR, more like Kyosho sold it.