R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need advice with classifying Tuned Pipe
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2002, 07:12 PM
AMGRacer
Tech Elite

Originally posted by racer rich

AMGRacer- Actually the above pipe (which I believe you are talking about the Associated) is meant for top-end and high RPM power. I called up Associated Tech Support and they told me this.

Rich
Sorry I should have specified. I was talking about the Integy pipe. We call them "Eagle racing" over here, same pipe. It increases the torque band down low, top end is a little lighter than the X12 pipe and the Novarossi pipes. Racer Rich I would ignore the "customer support" lines and talk to people who have owned the pipes a bit more.

The RB X12 pipe is excellent for power and is nice and quiet!! I did not know the black one is thicker, thats gotta be a good thing.

Note that pipes designed for "torque" are actually a good thing these days since most engines are top end biassed. And it is not like you can have a pipe which is torque biassed and you lose all top end. They just bias the powerband into a certain rev range.

The shape of the pipe can determine where the occurs by looking at it, the length, angle of divergence cone angle of convergence cone. But there are many other factors, the pipe internal volume, length of manifold, diameter of manifold, and any baffeling inside the pipe. The X12 pipe actually has a large cone inside of it which makes it into a 2 chamber pipe with a length much shorter than it looks.

Last edited by AMGRacer; 08-22-2002 at 07:22 PM.