R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 10:00 AM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Okay....soap box moment...

Hey guys, got something for people to think about...

This is about the complaints people have about other peoples....complaints.

Have you guys ever been by one of the magazine threads in the chat forum? Well if you haven't, one of the biggest complaints people have (other than too many ads) is the fact that most of us, in our entire time in this hobby, have NEVER seen a review of a kit that was 'bad'. You know like, the latest crappy video game clearly gets a 'bad' review.

People gripe non-stop about how there has apparently, NEVER been a bad kit made. And that the reviews of kits really can't be trusted because the reviewers will never really just say, 'this car sucks', as game reviewers will when its called for.

But then those same people head back to the thread for their favorite car, and jump on anyone who has a complaint. Does anyone else see the problem here?

If no one is allowed to say:
-The handling of this car isn't good
-My kit was missing a part
-etc....

Then all we're left with is those same 'all good' reviews that everyone seems to despise in the print magazines.

My point is, everyone who has a complain ISN'T just someone "hiding behind their keyboard", "don't even own the product", "car bashers" and "looking to start trouble". Some of them have legitimate complaints that MUST be heard if we're going to have a fair and balanced thread. For everyone who loves a car and has no problems, theres someone who hates it and has had nothing but problems. Then theres all the people between those two extremes. But ALL of them deserve to be heard without the fear of being jumped on or labeled as trouble makers.

All I'm saying is, think about it before you label people as trouble makers. They may just be a fellow racer just like you who just by chance happened to get that defective product you didn't, or race on that one track that a particular car isn't suited for, and is frustrated over a legitimate problem.

I agree, the best way to get a problem fixed to go to the company, but theres also nothing wrong with being a little upset about it and voicing their displeasure. Otherwise, all we got left are threads full of the same stuff we see in those magazine reviews. And no body wants that.

Okay....off the soap box......