R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR4TC-BD
Thread: Yokomo MR4TC-BD
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Mr. Shookie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
The BD was excellent, I've never been really fast at Tamiya but Masami's setup was super dialed. 23 lap runs were really rare in open mod, but I was able to do one of the five this morning which put me 4'th in qualpoints for that round. Unfortunately my only other strong run was a 10'th in qualpoints, so I went in with 14. Another driver tied my 14 qualpoints so it went to the third fastest run, he had a 25 qualpoints run and I had 26, which put me BQ. I held the lead for about 4:40 or so on second run tires just driving conservitave, 2'nd place cought me and went for a pass on the straightaway but "glitched" when he got next to me and we both went flying, unfortunately I slammed the drivers stand and broke.

I'm sure Masami's setup will get posted soon, it's really good, but it doesnt like to be overdriven, it takes a smooth driver to make it work, try to get aggressive and it doesnt hold well.
Plus he drives with two sticks and not a pistol grip radio so there is a whole nother type of driving. I was out at Reedy this morning to check out some Invitational and the first few qualifiers of spec but didn't see you. I hope at least the BD was consistant for you. I can not wait to finally get to race again. It has been since 4Fun and Mywife keeps planning stuff every weekend so, now I might not be able to do KO but keeping my fingers crossed that the plans fall through. I really want to race the KO....Looks like the track was very fast...I was over by Glenn G and the rest of the quarter bets being doen during the Invitational quals...Had to say they make watching more fun. Heck I won a poll of the getting the last place driver nailed...LOL
Will you be out at HotRods sunday foir the next Babcock race? I am going out Wendsday to do some testign with the LCG and the Bd to see which is giving me the best results in stock then make the other either better or if it is the BD which is slower I might just make that my 19T car and start racing that as my second class.
Cya.
Stephen <><