R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 08:08 PM
F. Alonso
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
They will fit on a std 415. The last ref are the C-Hubs.

I ran the car today with the DJ suspension, and let me tell you, it's absolutely ballistic. The rear is planted, and it's a track that doesn't forgive a bad setup, seen as it's very very bumpy and demanding in terms of corner speed. Started off with blue on front and fluo yellow on the rear, no roll bars (the rest being exactly as per DJ's setup, apart from the rear toe set to 2), and ran it like that all day, then decided to go softer on springs (yellow front and fluo red on rear), and connect the yellow roll bars, and i gained 4/10th on my quickest lap, with the car being consistantly quicker than my previous best lap time. I felt the car was putting the power down so much better, not as much sensitive to the bumps, all due to the softer springs. It's strange because on the track, it wasn't that different, I'd have said the car was slower to be honest.

Can't wait for next week end and the nationals on that exact same track
Thanks for that review. Generally a car that feels slow, is actually quite fast. Well... it seems that way when you watch the best guys, because the car is in so much control.

Anyway... was your testing done in Stock or Modified? Very interested in getting this suspension as the track I primarily race on is quite bumpy in places.