R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 lola body
Thread: 1/10 lola body
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 02:52 AM
ziggy12345
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcrossco_1
well if you had bothered to look at the car, you would have seen a 5port Turbo, and outlaw pipe, and a Lola body.
Hardly the stuff of a Brca competing car.
I dont understand why you went to the effort of posting at all.
If weedy 3 ports, touring car shells, and anal regulations are your thing, then I guess the Brca Nationals are for you.

Regardless of the front bumper, IC cars are capable of breaking anyones leg.
Having a CF front bumper adds little to the issue.
Plastic bumpers at high speed would exhibit the same properties as a sheet of CF when making contact with human flesh.
The fact that the carbon is thicker than the plastic would probably make it safer.

I can only conjecture at how much fun your local must be if everyone was to consult the rule book on anything that someone didnt like the look of.
Nowhere in the BRCA rules does it explicitly rule out CF as its used to sandwich foam bumpers when using upgraded parts on the touring cars.

Next time I wont bother posting if all im going to get is some lamer quoting rule books and regulations to me.

You were making carbon bumpers 20years ago, when you would have been let see...... 7 years old.
yeah..... "Ok".
LOL You cant beat a bit of passion on the forum

I agree with you. I didnt join this sport to have rules thrown at me from all angles, i get enough of that at work. Thats what has happened since joining the BRCA. No 5 ports, this shells Ok this one isnt, cant use that radio, Thats the wrong size-colour. GIVE ME A BREAK

I am getting the fastest bloody engine I can find with the lightest car and highest downforce shell with the widest tyres and best radio equipment and drive it flat out until it breaks.

I dont give a toss about the rules. Who wants a race?

Cheers