R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B74.2 / B74.2D
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2024, 07:06 AM
Alexv2024
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_alan
I’ve been looking through the recent setup sheets that have been posted for high grip dirt tracks. One thing I’ve noticed is that they are placing 1mm shims under the C and D block. Does anyone have a picture of what this might look like?
Its more of a mod thing, more or less. It supports the rear end more, and I typically do run it most of the time as I do usually run mod. I've talked to MattyG about it and it slows down the stock cars a bit for whatever reason (roll center moves more or less or is too high/low, I haven't plotted the difference out to see what the effect actually is). Matty G says the Raymond twins he helps out have tried it and went away from it due to the slightly slower lap times.

But I've also ran it in stock, but that was more so because all I had time for was the motor swap, then later I took it off for a qualifier. It seemed to pickup some pace but with my lack of track time on that layout it could be me just learning the layout. But it was a very small dirt track I was on. I think the washer support the rear end more, but slow the movement down at the same time. So for mod you can just give it more power, while in stock not so much. If MattyG told me its slower in stock- Id believe him.