R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Carpet Off-road Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 10:04 AM
River19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6
I have been running aka tires exclusively after multiple days of testing all the carpet tires that are currently available. i run both 2wd and 4wd stock classes
the reason i did was because i was switching from foam tires to rubber and wanted to find out what worked best for

all testing done on CRC black carpet, no sauce
JC tires are really great but tire wear is super high and all the fast guys seem to replace them after about 3-5 packs, so not ideal if on a budget and want to be competitive an only available in one compound too. Chinese made
Rawspeed tires are decent with grip and tire wear but because of mismatched compounds, tire patterns, just was not ideal for me
USA made

Proline, no complaints, tire wear great and options with compounds and tire patterns
USA made

Aka rivets i ran both compounds and found that i liked medium with gray foam in 2wd and like the soft compound with white foams in 4wd, and still run this setup when possible
there is or was, not sur if fixed yet, when released, all medium tires came with gray foam and the soft came with white foams, and yes, they are different

now it seems they went to one foam, WHITE, for all tires and have had talks with HH and the AKA rep in California and zero results have come out of my conversations with them, aka rep being the worst

all in all, i like the aka tires a lot, tire wear is great, quality of the rubber is great too and USA made
While not carpet related, I have a pair of AKA Voids sitting on the shelf waiting for a time to be broken in and tried for our indoor clay, might have to give them a shot next. Of course I have a good supply of banded out JC ellipses in soft compound which once slicked out are perfect for our clay as well as the Smoothie 2's and RawSpeed Slicks etc.

For carpet I am still running Nessi's in the rear and Pin Swag fronts on my 2wd......

staiguy Thanks for the explanation on approach on the wall rides as well as Billy Kelly thanks. In the Northeast I have yet to encounter a wall ride like that for indoor carpet. I am sure they are coming.