R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTC2
Thread: Mugen MTC2
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 10:21 PM
Quante
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mig89
nope it would be without know the overall length of arms. I can sketch the arm geometry out for a visual but the change of the value is going to require knowing factors, like shims under the arm, shims under the hub, effective length of the arms. but regardless, I think you miss understood that you can accurately measure a .2mm change. If can't, that means you're suspension is binding or method isn't repeatable. Repeatable is the most detail. If can consistently get the same result with measuring something, the results will be pointless. even if your tools have a tolerance of .01mm if even set the droop at say 5.4mm then you double check and you get 5.6mm and it's a different value every other time. That will hurt you more than your tool being off by .1mm.

Remember, all these setting are relative do tolerance in manufacturing and human error when measuring.
Ah ok, then I misunderstood what you meant idd and you're correct, its not gonna be an absolute measurement but you can get yourself in a window of you're liking and adjust L/R the same.
I did notice with the droop blocks you can fairly nicely set the droop to just touch and repeatability in the suspension isnt a problem but it requires extremely small adjustments on the droop screws and a very good view on the part you're measuring.
The droopblock I drew up measures on the bottom of the wheel hex, good visibility and because there's a tiny amount of play on the wheelhub's suspension ball you can really eyeball it just not moving.
The view on the visibilty below the suspension arm is a lot worse so seeiing is just touching will be incredibly hard.