R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 11:35 PM
HarKonnenD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The third step was a hard one-finding a pivoting brace. I looked around and sure enough in my Hitec 625MG box was this weird looking servo horn. Will it work? Sure did. I used a bronze spacer, one of the metal screws included and that was drilled into the body mount. Also, there was a nice hole right in the middle of the graphite shock tower. That was the brace holder. In order to keep the servo horn from flopping back and forth, I had to place two 1mm spacers on the screw (think it was a 6mm long screw x1.5mmwide) and a small hex nut. It had to be one of those flat hex nuts though without the locking back part. Once the servo horn was in place, THEN came the locking hex nut on the outside. After some last minute fixing and testing, VOILA. It all worked great together! The holes in the servo horn acted as adjustment mounts because the bottom of the servo horn almost came into contact with the diff. I installed it on the bottom most hole on the horn and it worked well.

Here is the true way the lola w/floating body mount works. Under high speeds the downforce is applied to the HUB CARRIERS. This keeps the tires planted to the ground. Applying it to the suspension does absolutely NOTHING more that stiffening it and causing no suspension action under high speed parts of the track/lot. The pivot screw keeps the mounts into place. When the suspension IS compressed, the linkage pushes the bodymounts which pushes the rear of the body upward. This help create more downforce force under acceleration to again keep the car planted. The more the suspension is compressed, the high into the air the rear of the body is tilted upward and the more downforce is applied to the hubs. I'm not sure of the amount of force that will be applied to the hubs and will my linkages pop off since they are ballcups. The only way is to do a test. Gonna see if my LHS has the front oneway diff and solid rear axle for me. I will also try to get the MRX4 and a body.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2456.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	72107   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2459.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	72108   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2469.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	32.8 KB