R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix A800/A800R
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 01:52 PM
Arnie Fie
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Sleighty
Hi, I changed the rear diff to the small shim configuration last week (amongst some other small setup changes) and the car became totally undriveable with bad snap throttle off oversteer on corner entry. I previously ran a diff set up of 5k and large kit washer and moved to 7k with small shims. Has anyone else had these sort of issues when moving to small diff shims? Is the 2k uplift in fluid enough? During the race meeting I changed back many of my other setup changes which didn't solve the issue but I didn't have time to rebuild the diff back to original configuration.

Anyone have any input or things to try? I'm on ETS black carpet.
I raced ETS/Daun on 7k and Small Washers....upon return to US I left this in the car.....to see how it would feel....why not....?
- - Result = bad snap throttle as you said on US Black Rug).

For your comparison:
- - Before going to EU: I was on 10k and small washer....I had also tried 8k and small washer and it was marginal for off-corner drive so I stuck with 10k.
- - After returning to US: I hadn't tried the large washer, so I built the diff with 8k and large washer....which on track is as-safe-as the 10k/small.

Summary = large washer for about 2k benefit at the most. Might also add the car (or me) was very consistent with 8k/large last couple weeks now....or this is from having some proper beers with EU racers....