R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTC2
Thread: Mugen MTC2
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 09:08 AM
Racer X79
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Calinative
New to touring and picked up a new Mugen for getting back into racing. I’ve got a question for you veterans of the car and touring cars in general. Basically I’ve read and seen team drivers measuring their ride height on the side of the chassis next to the roll bars. I’ve noticed on my car that when I set the ride height using this method. The ride height measures anywhere from .4-.6mm difference from the left side to the ride side of the chassis. I’ve basically disassemble the majority of the car to check for tweak, checked bulkheads with the alignment tool, car scales basically 49f 51r and 50% cross weight. Is this normal on the mct2r?
The previous comments about this are good places to look. But - has the matter of the countersunk bolts that hold the sway bar mounts to the chassis and their heads that stick out the bottom of the chassis from the factory been addressed? If not - you are basing your ride height off of those bolts. You can either run the countersinks in the chassis deeper by hand so the bolts do not stick out, remove the bolts so they are not in the way, or measure the ride height just before or after them.