R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AZ Paved Oval Racing - March Madness Mini Series '24
Old 03-06-2024, 10:29 AM
DesertRat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Race Report:

The track is fairly nice, very fast, and driveable for offroad based cars. It is NOT smooth enough for pan cars but is not surprising as it is a Quater Midgets track. The drivers stand is good, people are generally friendly and appropriately professional, no pounding stereos or other such things.

There is no on-site power or water, you will need to bring a generator or beg, borrow or trade for some power from someone else. On site shade is limited, and if you bring your own you should bring a lot of weights to keep it from blowing away. Needless to say there is no on-site hobby shop but we knew that and there are some racers who are willing to sell you a set of tires or other consumables if needed.

The race format is very strange. I believe they are playing with it but this weekend it went by LAPS not TIME and is NOT IFMAR STARTS for qualifiers. I don't particularly think this is good for RC racing when your qualifiers are only 3 minutes long.

There were many, many delays and breaks and issues that dragged the day out much longer than needed but I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and call this a fluke.

Overall it was a good time when you're on the track and running, there is another round in two weeks that I will be going to and hopefully it runs a bit more smoothly.