R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 08:35 PM
Alexv2024
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5280RCDriver
Hello everyone. I'm trying to get back into racing on a budget after being out for over 10 years. Looking to find some used roller first and get back in that way and buy the latest and greatest once I get better at driving.

My question is... Would there be a big difference for me to buy a b6.2 vs a b6.4? Or should I really just focus on finding a good 6.4 and not look at any model before that?

Thanks for the help!
I got started a few years ago with VERY out dated used buggies and it was frustraiting trying to get them to work. But that was a TLR 2.0 and the 4.0 was the current one and there were HUGE changes. The b6.2 to b6.3 wasnt a big change but the b6.4 was a fairly big change. I still have my 6.4 and 6.2s and they will be good on modern high grip tracks. But I've moved on and built a B7 and LOVE IT. Its so much easier to drive, makes tons of grip and still has great steering, more than the older cars.

But on a budget any of the 6.2, 6.3, 6.4 cars will be great. The 6.4s will transfer over 13mm shocks so if you see yourself getting a B7 in the future then thats something to consider. The B6.0 and B6.1 are both much older and not nearly as good, so avoid those.