R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 07:54 AM
TheBeave
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by munchagepeopl
This definitely helped, and I think it (along with using the thick ceramic grease for the o-ring instead of my normal AE green stuff) may have solved it? I got one shock first time, but the other 3 took 3-4 tries each. And I still don't have the collars on, because the threads keep shredding my fingers when I try to screw them on. Shocks have been, by far, my least favourite part of the build..
Typically, we let the shocks sit for a few minutes after we fill them with oil, before we put the caps on, this helps get rid of any air. I race with 0 rebound, so my process is to fill the shocks with my desired oil, cycle the piston up/down a handful of times, let all the air bubbles rise to the top, this is where I let them sit for 5 minutes or until clear. After that, find your bleed hole in the cap, put the cap on, screw it down a thread (not all the way), push the piston all the way in (this is where you set rebound, no rebound so the shock goes in all the way), hold the shock at a 45 degree angle with the bleed hole in the cap at the highest point and slowly turn the shock so that the excess oil bleeds out of the shock, hold the cap steady while you twist the body of the shock. If there's any air remaining, you'll see bubbles in the shock oil as it bleeds out of the bleed hole. Make sure to screw the shock in slowly, you should see any overfill running out of the hole, it is possible to screw the cap on too quick and trap excessive oil, leading to unintended rebound and inconsistent cornering.