R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 12:31 PM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

*** Race Report ***
*** RC Underground in Warren MN 2023-2024 Winter Series Round 4 ***

For this race the layout was a combination of a lot of straights and 180s with extremely challenging big air high speed jumps. One of the more challenging jumps ironically was the smallest due to a section that at times could kick your car funny in the air. Next after that was a big air triple with almost a cushioned flat landing that went pretty quickly into a 180 with a half-a-lane small single in the turn, easy to either overshoot this or roll in the half-a-lane single.

Equipment for this race as follows:

Yokomo YZ2T (TO 1.0 as I call it ) 2wd Stadium Truck
- Tekin RS Pro BE ESC in Blinky mode
- Tekin RS T180 Servo
- Tekin 4400mah Shorty Lipo
- Tekin Gen4 SpecR 13.5 Motor
- Protek RC titanium hardware

2wd Stadium Truck

The YZ2T / TO 1.0 as I like to call it had a change to try out a different piston , oil, and spring package on the 13mm shocks. This appeared to be perfect for the track conditions making the truck an effortless drive. No changes needed, and I was able to consistenly hit jumps that others were having significant trouble without issue. After popping a turnbuckle link in heat 1, I was able to TQ the class in heat 2 by a lap In the end I TQ'd the class.

The main was more of the same other than my transponder acting up but the Race directors catching it, finishing by close to a lap on the field and also being the only one getting under 14 seconds for the fastest lap! Not bad for a discontinued truck!

In addition to that, Yokomo YZ2Ts also went 3 and 4!

Big thanks goes out to the RC Rc Underground Warren MN for putting on a great event!