R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LiPo Charging/Discharging/Cycling for Stock Racing
Old 02-06-2024, 08:45 AM
trilerian
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sabin
Unrealistically high or unrealistically low? And by how much?
"Unrealistically" is kind of an embellishment. But the iCharger reads about half the IR that I am seeing when testing. But ultimately it is all down to equipment used to verify the testing and the code used. I can make the IR read whatever I want, but I try to verify that with other testing equipment.

And, if I am not mistaken, users of the GFX devices also say the iChargers read too low. But really, in the end it is all about whether or not the device you are using measures consistently for your batteries. If it reads consistently, then it doesn't matter if it is high or low. Unless you are comparing to someone else, but then that is where industry standards should come in. An industry standard in this case would be something like, measure the voltage at rest, put a known load on the battery, wait X amount of time, then read the voltage under load. I have found that a 200-250 millisecond delay is adequate. Less than 200ms and you can get really low readings. But this will depend also on the equipment being used to test.