R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi8
Thread: Schumacher Mi8
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 05:47 PM
scott.langford
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Agreed for low grip. This race was super high grip where they all had traction roll issues, the best condition for the lowest cg car (i.e Awesomatix) to shine. However the big Awesomatix team I think only managed 5th at best.

The setup sheet posted by the winner indicated Mi8. If it is not an Mi8 that is sold to the public then it can be misleading marketing.

If it was an Mi8 then their marketing needs to be developed, not the car

Theres a few things on Orlowski’s setup sheet that would indicate differences to the standard available Mi8 HGT available to the public.

The use of plastic hubs - this isn’t commonly used on any team setups I have seen except from Robert Krens. New plastic hubs?

1.25 mm upper hub shimming - this indicates an altered hub design as I haven’t seen anything under 3mm be used by the team. In my experience, anything under 2.5mm on the standard available hubs wasn’t useable as the car would scrub too much speed in the corners.

Low diffs - the team has been using high diffs, especially on carpet this season. The standard Mi8 and the updated HGT needed high diffs on carpet to carry any corner speed in my experience. Updated bulkheads?

2.5-2.8 front spring - this is just speculation, but we might see shorter shocks with updated spring rates. The current core hi response springs are very stiff for the updated HGT geometry. I’m aware this could be the Xray spring.

Maybe all of this is wrong, just throwing ideas out there. I know we’ve seen pictures of altered hubs on Orlowski’s car from ETS, so I’m expecting something new there. Also some BB outdrive driveshafts could be a possibility.

Guess we gotta wait a bit longer to find out!