R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B7 and B7D
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 02:57 PM
Alexv2024
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankf
So the B6-.2 had narrow rear c&d blocks, B6.3-4 had wider blocks which they told us was better for high grip tracks, now the B7 has blocks that seem even narrower than the first B6, soo which is really better for high grip? Any one else confused?
Stuff like this is very hard to say one way or the other, because each geometry has different optimal ranges. Im still running essentially b6.2 geo with 75mm arms, As do many factory team drivers at least in mod. Stock fast drivers are a toss up.

77mm or 79mm arms may be the best stuff ever, but only if other things are changed. They might be terrible if the only change to the b6.4 was say 79mm arms, so if that was tested everyone that drove it would say its terrible. But changing other things to optimise how rolls centers move and react makes a better setup.

Thats why they started from scratch and it looks like front and rear piviots are now much narrower. But obviously basically every thing else is changed to go along with it.

Which to me is exciting. After years with the B6.1-4 Ive gotten bored. I've been tempted to try the new schumachers as they are quite different. The B7 seems like that kind of change, now I hope theres a similar 4w thats maybe not shaft driven in the works too.....