R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher cougar LD3
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 07:35 AM
HOTROD716
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tony montana
Got my LD3M all built. My first ever schumacher car. It's a nice car to build. But definitely different from a TLR I'm used to. Few things I dislike, but knew going into it. Wished it used traditional shock stand offs and screws to hold the rear shock at the bottom. The front and rear hex I definitely dislike with a o ring holding the pin in place. Having to drill the bleeder screw. Shock springs are jind of odd how they go from narrow to wide. I see Cav runs AE springs, what spring cups is he using?Now these are probably all no issue just different. My track has zero parts for the car so I will have to order everything. How durable are these cars? I know everything can break obviously, I'm not a rookie and don't crash often but still do crash some.
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco73
I have to agree with you though, having to drill the shock caps is just silly and o-rings for the hexes...really? lol And while I was running the shock tower in front of the shocks on my LD2 it took a decent hit to the front and one shock cap popped off the ball stud. It was a quick fix but my B6.4 would've just shaken it off. So far I haven't broken anything on either car but a front arm on the 4whl, totally my fault though. On carpet I've heard the lower front plate can crack on really hard front hits but carpet is hard on everything.
Not everyone uses aeration(sp?) method of shock bleed, Schumacher offers a choice, which I can appreciate. I prefer the ball cup on the shocks. The springs, many TLR people are going to, so there is pluses and minuses. You can use the ae bottom collar and run their springs. AE does have some in between stiffness from Schumacher

The LD2 is quite built well, it has taken a good beating by me, the only this I would stock as spares are front arms, spring seals (get the on road blue ones) and ball cups. Schumacher ball cups do not last that long. If you are running a ball diff, you will have to rebuild it more frequently than TLR or AE.