R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated Reflex 14B/14T
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 02:31 PM
nielsm
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by joelg
I was not aware there was a slip adjustment. Where is it located?
I don’t own a Reflex, but from your description that would be a typical cause. I pulled up the parts diagram for the Reflex and there isn’t a slipper stock. Is there any kind of grinding noise when the car doesn’t move? It sounds like it must be some slipping in the drivetrain somewhere. Unfortunately, without a slipper that could mean gear slipping.

Check the pinion-spur mesh. If it is too loose, it may be able to turn the wheels with no load, but the pinion would just spin when loaded and start shredding the spur gear.

Check the wheel hexes are seated correctly and not slipping. There is a pin that goes thru the axle and fits into a slot on the hex. If it isn’t seated correctly, it could cause the behavior you described.

Are the dog bones properly seated in the outdrive slots front & rear on both sides of the diff?

If you remove the center drive shaft cover you should be able to see if it spins under power both with & without load which can help direct you to where the problem may be. On the Reflex, the front diff is powered by this shaft with an outdrive on the center diff, while a pinion connects to the rear diff’s spur gear directly. Check all those gears are meshed correctly and that the center shaft is seated correctly in the outdrive.