R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B74.2 / B74.2D
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 06:12 PM
Jamie007
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrkab
Nearly all of the 10x15x4 kit bearings (8 in total) on my B74.2D have failed in the first three track days with the car. No problems with any other size so far, and no issues with any of the replacements either. Both the pair on the wheels and 5 on diffs have failed. One seized entirely and caused some aesthetic damage, the others I've pulled before they get that far.

Track days are for tuning right now so I'm in the diffs pretty often and so I'm checking these often too. When they fail it doesn't even feel gritty either there's usually one spot that feels way off. When I checked all the bearings before the first track day I had noticed the 10x15 all felt and looked different too, they spun too freely and looked dry.

Very weird, don't know what to make of it but reminded me of the kit bearings they shipped dry.
Yep! I just went through the same thing. Had some bearings in the rear end fail, then the front end, then all over.. Ruined three weekends for me. Stock bearings are absolute garbage. I ended up ordering Fast Eddie's bearing kit, replaced all the bearings, I haven't had an issue since...