R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Gt12 USA Spec
Thread: Gt12 USA Spec
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 07:32 AM
simple
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kruss45
why do you say it was “marginally successful “? At my track it brought people who had never ran 1/12 before into the class so I’m curious about why you think the introduction of running rubber tires is only marginally successful.
Marginally means "to a limited extent". My frame of reference was for the entire market as a whole, not limited to explicit individual facilities.
- Its great that at YOUR track it was successful at bringing absolutely new drivers - as you know - that was the original intent. I can't speak to the same success throughout the tracks in North America. As some have and will testify, that hasn't always been the result. Some organizers were totally put-off by the initial difficulties in acquiring suitable inventory of rubber wheels - some tracks dropped them entirely out of frustration.
- Its also great that it was included as a class at a few National level events - hopefully that continues.

I simply meant to imply that there was some significant inventory and supply hick-ups during the first couple years - and it is yet to be determined if it will stand the test of time.
Its a notable risk when an entire specification of class is single sourced for a critical component.