R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jumping back into the ring -- Looking for the right setup
Old 05-24-2005, 12:37 AM
Mr. Shookie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Altrodesigns
Good point. I will leave the charger to my last decision and if money's tight, I'll pass. The charger has been good to me. I think maybe I'll spring for a better power supply as I have never been 100% for using a computer power supply. I've had the charger false peek on me a few times, I've accidently hit a pack once when it was charging and then it just stopped and false peaked.
The Pyramid cds200 (I think that is the model number) is the best value for size. It is as small as the CE one and you can find deals on the net for them goign for about $56.00 and it has 20amp continuos draw...Only shut if off once when I was dynoing while charging two batts at 6amps each...

So the carpet version should be good to go right out of the box, without having to spend the extra $100 for uprades? That's good.
I don't drive a corally but alot of the guys I race with do...I very nice car right out of the box and it has proven that it can race and win.
For carpet it rocks for asphalt it rocks.
I like the BD and the LCG from Yokomo but then again I am baised.
Also the ICE charger is a nice one for the $$$$. Just spend a little on the Integy Zero6 equalizing tray they run $30 and they discharge at 6 amps per cell so really it is a 36amp discharger.
The Mill Pro should give you desent results either way....always nice to have a good second charger if you ever get the itch for tow classes....Man plus if one charger quits at the track the spare is nice ot have around.
Hope this helps.
Another good choice for servo if you have a little more $$$ is the Futaba S9550 low profile digital servo...For about $75 new it is fast and torquy and it is extra small to help fit the ESC and reciever on the deck.
Also if you are lookinfg for ESC the newest crop are all winners so you pick and you can win. Ones I have liked are the LRP Quantom Comp2, the KO VFS1 pro and the GM racing SX12 (the smallest of all esc's) I don;t care for Novak ESC I had a couple dye and that just said unreliable. The QC2 I have had a year and it works as well as the day I bought it. The SX12's I have are flawless work horses. Just some more extra things to think on.
Stephen <><