R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Mini-Z Series
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 05:46 AM
Traveler2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I've been running and racing since the 1980's and after the past almost 20 years of running brushless and LiPo and trying to push my cars as far as i could (not that i was good) I'm personally enjoying the simplicity of the AAA cars and I'm staying there. So I have a box stock car and a PN 2.5 and staying in the AAA lane.
I haven’t been racing that long, but completely agree with this. I held off buying a 1/28 LiPo/brushless car until earlier this year and wish I hadn’t. I should have just gone back to 1/12 pan car instead. The 1/28 LiPo cars are too fast for the smaller tacks around me, and are probably too small on a track of the right size. I think their speed vs size is out of wack for this scale, and AAA power is more realistic.

Originally Posted by abailey21
If you haven't installed the servo gears or have some downtime to rip into it again you should shim the stock servo saver. I bought every option for the stock front end and still had loads of slop. shimmed the saver and slop was gone. I have a PN servo saver but it was locked up out of the bag so I had to use my stock one.
Can you share more on this? I’ve been racing Mini-Zs for 15 years but not familiar with this. I only run the stock Kyosho saver.