R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX8 Eco
Thread: Mugen MBX8 Eco
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 11:07 AM
Flipside6900
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Picked up a very lightly used 8R eco a few weeks ago and ran it the first time this weekend. The track is temporary and built the night before the race at a fall festival fair type of thing. The track tends to be pretty loose with lots of dust and loam, but they do their best to pack it down tightly the night before. For an idea on how loose can be I was running X4 bowtie 2.0's and that was just because I didn't have any super soft Enduros.
I tore the car apart last week and basically put it back to kit setup other than a few Drake changes. I also ran a standard size pack because I don't currently have a shorty 4S and I didn't want to run a jumper with two 2S's. The car squared up excellently, and the shock package was spot on. I wouldn't even say it was aggressively loose coming out of the corners. There was one big table top on the back straight, and then two ski jumps in a row on the front straight. Most of us learned early that it was faster to sky the first one and slam into the face of the second one then rolling the first one and jumping the second one. The shock package would consistently take that flat landing beautifully lap after lap.
The only other real obstacle was a small 5 pack that my car was easily able to double triple or triple double. Coming from an associated B3e that just never seemed to work right this thing was absolutely awesome. Was able to take the TQ in the second round and drive away in the a main to a win. While yes it was a charity race, there were something like 50 e buggies, and four or five sponsored drivers in the a main. Definitely excited to get this thing out to my local track and see how it does on something more normal.

P.s. Damn Proline tires kept coming unglued all day. Finished the last minute or so of a main with the foam sitting there on the arm.

Last edited by Flipside6900; 08-22-2023 at 09:23 AM.