R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Roche Rapide F1 EVO3
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2023, 02:12 PM
belewis01
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Fresh EVO3 build along with my traditional pre-race inventorying of tires

I ran an EVO2 for about 2 years, upgraded it with EVO floating servo mount and it was running good, but I got the bug for a new car. Searched online for about a month and all I could find was a US Spec kit - then Low Drag posted looking for aluminum chassis, we talked a bit and I ordered an Aluminum kit and a replacement carbon chassis. Aluminum went to Low Drag, and I built this one up as carbon. Fully expecting an EVO4 to drop next week now.

Impressions of the 2 vs the 3
Servo mount is so much better on the 3, especially if you change the wheelbase at all - never have to readjust the servo linkage.
I like the side spring adjustment better on the 2, but I guess this will force me to remove the side dampeners when I set the tweak.
Rear ride height adjusters - I was annoyed about having to buy the optional bearing holders for the EVO2 - but now that I have them, the height adjust is more flexible than the 3.
EVO3 is 14 grams lighter than my EVO2.5 - must be the rear pod? I had to fab up an under battery brass plate to make weight (1020 grams)

I'm still happy I got an EVO3 - especially now when I see the new XRay - went through the presentation and just said - EVO has that, EVO has that too.