R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Digital Servos from China
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 01:07 PM
Jrxpro
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
Okay, I'm taking another shot at this. I bought one of these Hobbystar Servos for my ebuggy. It's got pretty good specs for $60. It showed up yesterday and I've got it installed in my car. I have no way of knowing if the torque numbers are real, but I can confirm the servo is plenty fast so I believe the speed rating on it. And it appears to operate perfectly fine with no weird centering issues or glitching. I won't be able to get to a track anytime soon to see if it holds up, but it is advertised to have all steel gears so I think it should last longer than the last one I tried.
I've had good luck with hobby star as well. They go on sale pretty regularly at RCJuice for good prices. I put one of the hi-torque/hi-speed ones in my son's arrma typhon 3s, and it was a huge upgrade, immediately noticeable, and has withstood many track days now. My brother put the same servo in his Slash, is happy with it. I just ordered one of the low-pro servos for my son's road car, will see how that goes.