R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/4 Promoto-MX Motorcycle
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 08:29 AM
PeteN95
Tech Rookie

I got mine Monday, it is awesome. The steering actually is opposite, so you steer left and the wheel goes right. This is because a bike steers by leaning and the counter steer initiates the lean. It seems weird, but works well. It does take a while to learn to turn sharp, hard braking into the turn, then throttle and release the steering. I recommend gluing the exhaust tip, I already lost mine. I was running it at a local park and people were going nuts, it is the most popular RC vehicle ever.

I got the red version w/o battery, so I soldered on a different connector that fits my packs and it works fine. I did have trouble getting the redio to connect upon start up, but pointing the front of the transmitter toward the bike seems to help. I have not run it at the off road track yet, but I think it will be cool. It does amazing roost throwing drifts on power. I also ordered the Supermoto wheels and tires with the 50% discount coupon included with the bike. The stock knobs are wearing quickly on asphalt.