R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - hardcore nitro guy going electric
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 09:05 AM
TEAM-AE-4-EVER
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team Duratrax
The SS5800 is only a little faster then a 19t by the way..maybe even the same

No Way is a Novak SS5800 about a 19-Turn! Maybe you were checkingout the SS4800 which is more like a high end stock motor?! A Novak 5800 is a more like a 12/13-Turn Brushed Motor but with extra torque. I own two and it's in my B4 and T4. Geared correctly, it's just fine for Club Racing. By the way, Novak has a prototype that was recently used at the On-Road ROAR Carpet Nationals. Apparently it's equal to about an 8-Turn Mod Motor from what was reported. The LRP Brushelss System is really something I'm looking forward to! It's supposed to be a 9-Turn Brushless Motor which is more than enough for my Off-Road 4WD kits!

As for the German Brushless Motors and Systems like Lehner, Hacker, etc. sure they are more powerful and faster... but who wants a motor that often coggs since theses are sensorless Brsuhless Motors?! Also, in 2WD racing.... tons of power and speed does not often equal winning. Maybe it does for drag racing.... but when you need precision and control... all that extra power is really unnecessary. Furthermore... the 2003 IFMAR 2wd World Championship was won with a 14-Turn Motor in a B4.... trust me. It was plenty fast.