R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 12:35 PM
MaX-D
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bmans5
Spoke to someone at Tekno as I was trying to Track down a few kits for local drivers.
They told me the SCT410SL isn't a replacement for the SCT410.3, it's design lends itself to Indoor Clay Tracks and such and not as durable (Hell I have a Prostar SCT2410T which is a converted 410.2ET, a side by side manual comparison...I buy literally 5 parts and I have a SCT410SL, they share I would say 85% of their parts).
The 410.3 is for large outdoor Tracks and thus built more durable. The 410.3 is discontinued but a Replacement is on it's way, but no ETA at this time, he wouldn't go into more details, just...soon.
I suspect it is a slightly converted EB48 2.1...maybe different Hubs so a 12mm SCT wheel will mount up, and a few other bits...I had a EB48 2.0, it was a good Chassis, just a Little more Fiddly when compared to the old EB48.2 to EB48.4 and 48SL and SCT410.3.

Tekno has a good business model, build Chassis that share a lot of parts, keeps R&D costs low, manufacturing costs low, and for a Driver, ease of maintenance and parts supply...Just wish they would Expand and make a 2wd Buggy and 2wd SCT
If Tekno made a dedicated 2wd SCT I would definitely be on board with that.