R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need Professional help with Durable Plastic chassis parts. What material ?
Old 04-15-2023, 02:29 PM
flymetonight
Suspended

Is that delrin black ?

Anyways, this HDPE / PEHD
Is amazing i have seen, and it is black in color, Also easy to work on. Use Electric saw, and drilling is no problems either. Delrin is super hard. I believe it is hell saw and drill. And if it is White too,
that is very off.

Im very afraid that Delrin is not easy to work on. I dont got any special tools, and no good stuff that can press and hold the sheat either.
HDPE is very easy work on, you dont need any special tools, and this material is mega durable, and have some flex also.

Delrin is good for Spurgears and other stuff i know.
Maybe not to skidplates.

I have RPM skidplates in my 1/8 Kraton 6s and Talion 6s, they flex , and RPM is the best.
Maybe RPM is made of HDPE, looks very same, finish also.

about motors. I did write totally wrong, must been tired or something.
These are 4s cars, and comes stock with 3674 2250kv motor. 17t pinion
I like to use big 3s Hardcase lipos, to keep the weight down, and have better balance in the cars.
To use 3s i have 20t pinion in both cars.
In Rally car the FLUX RX 4s i have Racestar 3670 size 2650kv motor. stock 120a ESC. This goes about 1-2mph Faster with new motor, pinon , on 3s. than this car did stock on 4s
In R Flux,4s the street truck i have Xteam 3674 3270kv motor , stock 120a ESC. This goes Faster on 3s with 20t pinion and new high KV motor than stock on 4s.

Both are insane if you drive them 4s , they both are 4s capable motors. and Waterproof.
I like them on 3s now.
Speedrunning i do with my Limitless 1/7 8s , these are heavy , with 400mm + wheelbase, these handle speedruns very well, the HPI Mavericks are only 325mm wheels base light weight 1/8 cars.
Like 1/8 buggies in size.

Now you all know what i run in these cars.

Sorry for this offtopic, maybe fun to know, if some of you have one, or will buy one. and maybe use 3s like me. There is then cheap motors for this from Aliexpress.
20t pinion is max size, you need buy that option super adjustable alu motormount if you want bigger pinion, there is no need for that with higher kv motors.
Or if you go stock combo, and use 4s put max 19t pinion, you will still have good temps.

I will write how i like the new HDPE skidplates i will make self to these cars.
I start with the rally car, i need drive atleast 5-6 packs, then i can tell.
ill be back in 2 weeks and tell here