R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New 2023 Team Associated 1/12 MT12 Monster Truck RTR
Old 03-23-2023, 02:08 PM
MULMZ2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Honestly I didn't look and I really don't bother with youtubers anymore, because most of the ones doing the reviews are getting free product and regurgitating whatever info the product rep told them to say. I got into it with one of them and they told me that what they stated in the video is what the product rep told them about the product. The reviewer took no time to investigate things on their own and the info was out there and every youtube review concludes the same, "the product is awesome, it's going to be the next thing." The only RCer I watch on youtube is MSM. Yes, he also gets free product, but his reviews appear to be a little more objective, he does more than just review product, and he is a sponsored racer.

Getting back on topic, I agree, I think it could be a cool truck as well, but it would be really nice if there was some conformity in the RC world. Every manufacturer is trying to reinvent scale and blaze new trails and the only thing it seems to be doing is causing frustration and confusion. As cool as this truck looks, I think Associated blew it and should have made a scaled down version of the MT8/10, which at that price point probably would have sold like hotcakes.