R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Baja 5B SS - Long Term Review - 11 Years On
Old 03-16-2023, 10:18 AM
DARKWAV
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Horatio
I'm sealing the edges of the carbon parts with thin cyano and once dry, I'll go over it with a black sharpie. This process reduces the probability of delamination at the edges and the black sharpie makes it look black rather than gray.
When I get parts I want to be able to just start bolting them on, but yeah with the CF stuff I take the time to prep the edges first like you for added durability and a proper finished look. I do a quick wet sanding before the Sharpie and CA so it is a bit of a process. I actually Sharpie before the CA, I haven't tried it the other way around. The edges come out with a gloss black finish as the CA also serves as a clearcoat.

I don't have any CF on my Baja though. The extra aluminum on it from my upgrades has certainly added pounds to the machine!

I've been itching to run the Baja but we keep getting these "Atmospheric Rivers" coming through the state dumping rain every few days and keeping the ground damp and saturated.