R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity mx10 pro and mx8 pro
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 07:50 AM
billdelong
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I used to be a die hard HobbyWing customer up until COVID, the electronics they've produced since then have been failing often for me to the point where they lost me as a customer. I've since switched to Trinity and all the same tuning options are there and with about 10 race days so far I am still satisfied with my decision to make the switch... on a large 1/8 track I was averaging between 4-17 race days between failures with HW in the three 1/8 electric cars I've been maintaining. Most notable is the Trinity XF8 motor tends to run cooler and more efficient with longer run times and same power as the HW motor I was running previously. Icing on the cake is that Trinity offers replacement rotors and sensor boards which failed often on HW which helps reduce maintenance costs, though I haven't had to replace any of these parts on my Trinity setup yet, just nice to have that option. Trinity ESC's also have replacement switches and wiring that plug into the ESC where most other brands are hard wired.