R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2022 IFMAR 1/8 IC Offroad Worlds
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 06:50 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tmth3
where was the second best mayako? And what does that have to do with anything? In this world there are winners and losers. And ae got it right now. Back to back. He’s clearly a fan of the brand and cheering his team on. Imagine if mayako won the worlds and some sore-losing hater got in here asking where the second best mayako landed?
Way to miss the point. I was responding to this:

"The Associated buggy is not getting enough praise. Back 2 back world champion!
Put some respect on it. With me being here in SoCal I see these guys testing and putting the time in. You can't cheat the process."

Ongaro is a unicorn, he runs a setup that no one else runs, because his style is like no one elses. This is a known fact. The post I was responding to was claiming that the buggy is what is making the difference. I disagree, I think the difference here is Ongaro and his team, NOT the buggy. AE have World and European Champions, and Worlds/Euros podium finishers, main finishers on their team. That's why my comment is relevant. Where was the 2nd best AE? If the car is that good, then a winning pro should be somewhere close to Ongaro, correct? There was no one there, and there is a reason for that. As for Mayako, there was no other capable driver at the Worlds. I'm sorry I prefer fact over fiction.